Medway Community Healthcare aims to make this website accessible to all users and as a result follows certain standards and Government guidelines to ensure that this site can be used as effectively and easily as possible by everyone.
The site has been designed to conform to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative's 'AA' standard as a minimum with a text only version providing full 'AAA' compliance.
Our website should comply with WCAG 2.0 guidelines, in that the web content must be:
- provide text alternatives for non-text content
- provide captions and alternatives for audio and video content
- make content adaptable and make it available to assistive technologies.
- use sufficient contrast to make things easy to see and hear
- make all functionality 'keyboard accessible'
- give users enough time to read and use content
- avoid use of content that causes seizures
- help users navigate and find content
- make text readable and understandable
- make content appear and operate in predictable ways
- help users avoid and correct mistakes
- maximize compatibility with current and future technologies
All pages will include: text only capability to increase font size, support for BrowseAloud screen reader and a site map to ensure the site is accessible to as many users as possible.
The site has been tested to ensure it complies with WAI and Section 508 accessibility requirements.
If you find the text size on this website is too small or too large for you to read comfortably, you can change the size of the text by clicking on the 'A A A' link at the top of every page.